Drive, Chip, and Putt First Qualifier! Val Halla GC on May 31st
Attention all junior golfers participating in the 2015 Drive, Chip, and Putt qualifier at Val Halla Golf Club on Sunday, May 31st! Tee times are now posted on the NEPGA website (www.nepga.com). Please take a look for your appropriate age division and starting time for when you will need to be ready to play. We ask that you arrive to registration 30 minutes prior to your tee time and allow ample time to stretch and warm up for your competition. If you have not yet registered for a Drive, Chip, and Putt qualifier please visit www.DriveChipandPutt.com and sign-up. It’s free!
Val Halla Golf Club
SUNDAY – May 31, 2015
Rules in Brief:
• Open to boys & girls age 7-15 competing in four age categories: ages 7-9, 10-11, 12-13, and 14-15.
• Participants will be grouped based on their age as of the championship final on Sunday, April 3, 2016. Proof of age will be expected should the competitor advance to regional qualifying.
• Participants may register to compete in only one local qualifier. Please register at www.drivechipandputt.com/
• All competitors must be amateurs.
• Clubs and golf balls used must conform with the Rules of Golf. The 2010 Condition of Competition for reduced grooves and punch marks is not in effect.
• Entry fee: $0.00. It’s free!
• Each participant will compete in three skills hitting 3 drives, 3 chips, and 3 putts.
• Participants will accumulate points in each skill. The participant with the highest number of accumulated points will be declared the Overall Champion of his/her age category.
• 3 sub-regional qualifying spots per age division will determined at the local qualifiers. Based on overall scores.
• 2 regional qualifying spots per age division will be determined at the sub-regional qualifiers. Based on overall scores.
• For each age division, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places overall and 1st, 2nd, & 3rd places within each skill will be recognized.
NEPGA Drive, Chip & Putt 2016 Qualifier Information Announced
Local Qualifying Events to be Held at 10 Facilities Throughout New England
For the third year, the PGA of America is helping to grow the game of golf among boys and girls 7-15 through the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship. This youth golf development initiative will again include boys and girls ages 7-15, who will compete in separate divisions in four age categories. In only its third year, the Drive, Chip and Putt Championship will provide playing opportunities throughout all 50 states during the months of May, June, July and August. Top performers at the local level will advance through sub-regional and regional qualifiers in July/August and September, respectively. The top 80 performers - 40 boys and 40 girls - will earn an invitation to the National Finals at Augusta National on Sunday, April 3, the eve of the 2016 Masters.
Ten qualifying events will take place at courses throughout the New England PGA, from May 31st – July 29th. The sub-regional qualifying events will be held on August 4th at Framingham Country Club in Framingham, MA and August 12th at Pinehills Golf Club in Plymouth, MA. Local Qualifying registration is open and thousands of participants have already signed up at DriveChipandPutt.com for the third year of the event. There are four age groups for both boys and girls: 7-9, 10-11, 12-13 and 14-15. Age groups are based on the golfer’s age as of April 3, 2016. Registration is first come, first served. If an age/gender division is full at one Local Qualifying site, the registrant can check the next closest site for availability.
New England Sites are:
• Sunday, May 31st - Val Halla Golf & Recreation Ctr. - Cumberland, ME
• Friday, June 26th - Button Hole Golf Club - Providence, RI
• Sunday, June 28th - Cyprian Keyes Golf Club - Boylston, MA
• Tuesday, June 30th - Renaissance Golf Club - Haverhill, MA
• Thursday, July 2nd - Links at Lang Farm - Burlington, VT
• Wednesday, July 8th – Ferncroft Country Club – Middleton, MA
• Tuesday, July 14th - The Bay Club - Mattapoisett, MA
• Tuesday, July 21st - Windham Country Club - Windham, NH
• Thursday, July 23rd – LeBaron Hills Country Club – Lakeville, MA
• Wednesday, July 29th - Granite Links Golf Club - Quincy, MA